Concept plans are used to develop ideas and landscaping layouts. Some people want broad ideas defined that can be developed over time, especially sometimes on larger properties when budget can determine the size of the project undertaken. Things like area plantings, location of paved outdoor rooms and pool location, perhaps tennis courts or the family vegetable garden can be considered.
Planning applications sometimes form several processes. A building location and preliminary design is submitted for planning purposes with an accompanying concept plan. Final building drawings are then produced and when passed and finalized a landscape design master plan can follow on from the concept plan.
- > Generally you contact us by phone or email.
- > We discuss your project in detail with you.
- > Establish which of our services you require.
- > Provide you with a preliminary cost estimate.
- > Set up a time to meet with you onsite.
- > Become familiar with you, your ideas, and your site.
- > Explore your site, its assets, and its aspects and question you about your requirements, your lifestyle, your family and your goals.
- > Observe existing features, trees and other vegetation, views, bird life and neighboring surrounds, areas and how they interconnect and relate.
- > Take notes and measurements; obtain from you any site or building plans and CAD drawing files if available.
- > Explore your ideas, discuss materials. What are the things you really like?
- > Guide you through the design process. Obtain from you relevant information.
- > Provide you with a final cost estimate for the service you require.
- > Prepare your initial Landscape concept design, planting plan or consultation report.
- > Meet with you again for comment and review.
- > Integrate into the design any changes or amendments as necessary in consultation with you.;
- > Finalize your drawings and obtain your approval.
- > If required submit drawings to council if they form part of the planning or building plans.
- > Project supervision is generally charged at an hourly rate or as a contract rate for an entire project. Fees are negotiable dependent on the size of the project and services required. We will complete your landscape.